Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rx Bandits Farewell Tour

music + roadtrip = ecstatic tanya.






A few months ago Rx Bandits announced that they will be doing their last tour this summer.  Quite frankly, I was heartbroken.  I couldn't believe it.  I was in shock.  After seeing how great they were live at their 3 full album shows in L.A. that I went to September 2010, I instantly knew I had to go to as many shows as possible on this tour.  I've followed this band since 2001 when the album Progress first came out.  I've watched them grow and progress (no pun intended) to who they are today.  They really have evolved.  They care about their fans immensely, they care about the music world, they are strong advocates of DIY, they send out messages to their fans through the power of their music, and have become who they are today without any commercialization - all of which I respect. Their music has been a big part of my life over the years.  It has provided inspiration and been a soundtrack to my life during the times I needed it most.  

The show at the 9:30 Club in D.C. on July 9th was my first show on this summer Farewell tour.  It didn't hit me until we got there that I was going to be seeing them.  

I got there just in time for them to start - missed the opening bands, but I have a few more shows to go to where I plan on getting there early to see the opening bands.

I went up to the balcony and got a decent spot where we could see.  Wow....they are just so ridiculously amazing live.  I can't believe this is their last tour.  They opened up with 3 songs from their older album Progress (the album from 2001) - what a surprise, was not expecting that.  I got into the show early on.  They mixed up their setlist a bit, which was really good.  I wonder if they're going to continue to do that at the shows and change order of songs, etc.

I left feeling content.  Reminded me why I love going to shows. The feeling of forgetting about everything and being lost in the music.




No comments:

Post a Comment